Heavy duty converters for hard core racers
Slingshot Converters provide options for drag vehicles including a high stall converter with diodes for a heavy duty finish, or converting to a spragless set up for full drag applications. Bolt-up converters are available for hard core drag vehicles that run through multiple transmissions in the one meet.
The size and stall of your custom built converter will depend on the set up of your cams, aspirators, transmission, final drive ratio, torque and horse power. All of our converters are set up to have the lowest slip ratio possible, using custom CNC machining and all are suitable for NOS and/or Transbrake.
- 7” available in OE sprag, diode or spragless. Designed for high RPM
- 8” available in diode or spragless. Most popular body size for naturally aspirated
- 9.5” available in OE sprag, diode or spragless. Most versatile and commonly used size
- 10.25” available in OE sprag, diode or spragless. Used for 1200HP and beyond
- 10.5” available in OE sprag, diode or spragless. Used for 1800HP and beyond, commonly set up with a cast one-piece stator for durability
All Slingshot converters are made with:
- Billet Front Cover
- Furnace brazing
- Tig Heli Brazing for extra strength
- Full Torrington Set (No fibre washers)
- Anti-Ballooning Plate
- Chrome Moly pump drive and input splines
- Choice of steel or aluminium stators